This is my monthly newsletter page. Be sure to check back frequently
for new information.
Workshop with Heidi in January ~ COMMIT TO BE FIT IN 2004
on events and happenings. . .
To join my e-mailing list ~
click here to send us your contact information.
Quote of the Month
for Love & Love will Live for You"
of the month
Leek Bisque ~
6 Large Leeks
(split, rinsed and thinly sliced)
3 Medium Potatos (peeled & cut
into 1 inch pieces)
1 can Pear Halves in 100% juice (1lb
3 (14 ozCans) Low Sodium Vegetable or Chicken
1 Cup Soy Milk
Chives for garnish
1. Saute leeks with 1 TBSP olive oil or
water for 3 minutes over medium high heat.
2. Add potatoes and saute for another 2
3. Add the juice from the pears and all
the broth to your potatos and leeks.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer with a cover
on the pot for 20 minutes.
5. Puree the canned pears in a blender
and set aside.
6. After simmering for 20 minutes strain
the soup into a colander, making sure to reserve the broth in
a large bowl or pan.
7. Puree the leek/potato mixture adding
some of the broth if needed.
8. Mix the pureed veggies, pureed pears
and broth in a large pot and add the soy milk. Cook 5 minutes
more to blend flavors and you are done. Can be served hot or cold.
Serve with chives as garnish. ~ ENJOY ~
to top of page
of the month:
- Stretches the hips, especially
the iliopsoas muscle.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys.
- Therapeutic for preventing and
treating back & hip
How to do this pose:
(Always be sure to
check with your Dr before performing this or any other new exercise
especially if you have heart problems, high or low blood pressure,
neck problems or are pregnant)
1. Stand with your spine lengthened and
your shoulders relaxed.
2. Inhale & Step your right foot forward
and bend your right knee as you reach the arms overhead.
3. Allow the left leg to straighten and
with your left heel lifted off the floor and your feet parallel,
lengthen your left leg
all the way through the left heel.
4. Breathe each breath in through the nose
and visualize the breath traveling all through the left hip and
5. As you are here, be sure to lengthen
the spine and create space between your ears and shoulders by
shoulders downward toward the hips.
6. When you are ready to come out of this
pose, gently slide the left leg forward to meet the right. Allow
your chest to
drop toward your thighs in a forward
bend then slowly roll your spine up to standing.
to top of page
Things that I Love and Recommend:
~ Michael Buble'
The self titled CD from
the crooner for the new century. It's amazing!
Book ~ The
Anatomy Coloring Book
For everyone who is interested in learning the location
& function of the bones, muscles and organs of the body
and more. It is a must for all fitness teachers, students
and I highly recommend it.
Something to Think About:
you give yourself the gift of positivity?
day take moments to assess if you are your own best friend or
your worst critic. Take note of whether you have supportive, positive
people around you, and whether you play this role in the lives
of those most important to you.
top of page
1 Fun Stuff click here - (Banana Fuate`, Triangle Pose)
Volume 2 Fun Stuff click here -
(Pumpkin Pudding, Bridge Pose, Gratitude)
Volume 3 Fun Stuff click here -
(Hummus, Downward Dog, Who are you today?)
Volume 4 Fun Stuff click here -
(Spinach Ravioli w/ Marinara Sauce, Plank, Goals)
Volume 5 Fun Stuff click here
- (Tofu Lettuce Wraps, Boat Pose, Do what you love)
Volume 6 Fun Stuff click here
- (Chocolate Chip Cookies, Forward Bend, Clutter)
Volume 7 Fun Stuff click here
- (Summer Salad, Bow Pose, "Food" in your food)
Volume 8 Fun Stuff click here
- (Quinoa Pilaf, Forward Bend, Your character)
Volume 9 Fun Stuff click here
- (Berry Muffins, Bound Angle Pose, Sight)
Volume 10 Fun Stuff click
here - (Cinnamon Ginger Tea, 1/2 Lord of the Fishes Pose, Gratitude)
Volume 11 Fun Stuff click
here - (Spinach Bread, Zipping, Giving)
to top of page